Be in the know with Australian Motorcyclist Magazine, the leading Australian publication on industry
news, trends, stories and everything motorcycles.
Australian Motorcyclist Magazine, the best resource for riders in Australia.
KTM and Brabus have launched the third and final bike (and most exclusive) of their collaboration: the KTM Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece Edition
KTM has announced the launch of possibly its most exclusive bike ever: the KTM Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece Edition.
The 1300 R Masterpiece Edition is the third and final bike to come from KTM’s collaboration with German tuner Brabus, and is the most exclusive yet. The first bike, launched at the beginning of 2022, sold all 154 units in under two minutes. By that standard, the 50 units of the new Masterpiece Edition should be gone almost before they’re even live.
Derived from the KTM 1290 Super Duke R Evo, this final edition of the Brabus 1300 R is also, possibly, a kind of farewell to the 1,301cc engine at the heart of the bike, which is reportedly set to be replaced by a larger, ‘1390’ version as soon as next year.
As it is, the 1,301cc LC8 engine in the 1300 R Masterpiece Edition will produce 180bhp and 103lb ft of torque. That will power the bike to 62mph in 3.2 seconds, and onto a top speed of around 168mph (270kph).
As usual with what is ultimately a KTM, the suspension is of course provided by the Austrians’ subsidiary, WP, which provides its semi-active front fork and rear shock. “At the push of a button,” KTM says, “the rider can […] manually choose between different setups ranging from emphatically comfortable to a firm ride suitable for laps on the racetrack.”
The suspension is not the only adjustable element, with of course a number of ride modes to choose from (five, to be exact).
That kind of bonkers performance is, as usual, matched by the aesthetics. KTM knows how to make an aggressive-looking supernaked, but the people at Brabus invariably seem to be able to make every angle and every edge just a little bit sharper. Add to that some aerodynamic wings – without which, in 2023, a hypernaked is barely worth a second look – and more carbon than the scrap parts bin after the 1998 Belgian F1 Grand Prix, and you have a motorcycle whose aesthetics almost border on the sadistic; even the box the bike’s key comes in is carbon!
The visuals are capped off by 17-inch Brabus Monoblock Z “Gold/Platinum” wheels that feature diamond-polished sections, and a black leather seat with a “Diamond Rising” upholstery pattern.
Although 50 units in total will be made, the Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece Edition will be limited to 25 units in each of its two colour options: “Onyx Black” and “Diamond White”. Each colour option features “Frozen Gold” highlights and accents, including on the custom exhaust the bike uses that has its name laser-engraved on the twin silencer.
A tailor-made indoor cover as well as a Brabus 1300 R design-inspired floor mat for the owner’s garage are included as exclusive accessories. Both feature golden Brabus Masterpiece emblems. Finally, each of the fifty owners of this motorcycle will get the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive guided tour of the Brabus Manufaktur in Bottrop.
The Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece Edition sells for €41,930 (export price in Germany excluding statutory VAT), or around £36,000. Head to the KTM website to find out more.
Full list of special equipment features of the Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece Edition:
- Brabus “1 of 25” Sign of Excellence badge with “Frozen Gold” highlights
- Brabus 1300 R Masterpiece badge on seat pad
- Front fender elements, tank and tail cowl with a choice of “Onyx Black” or “Diamond White” paintwork
- Frame painted matte black
- Exclusive carbon package consisting of dash and connector covers, triangular covers for the rear side fairing as well as a cover for the single-sided swingarm
- Brabus Monoblock Z ”Gold Platinum” forged alloy wheels
- Brabus 1300 R slip-on dual exhaust with accent rings in “Frozen Gold”
- Heated, black Brabus single seat with “Diamond Rising” quilting pattern
- Brabus start animation and colour scheme for the display
- Brabus exposed-carbon headlight visor with round LED headlight
- Brabus exposed-carbon side fairings with integrated winglets
- Brabus exposed-carbon front spoiler
- CNC-milled Brabus triple clamp
- Adjustable, CNC-milled Brabus front brake and clutch levers
- CNC-milled Brabus aluminum caps for brake and clutch hydraulics reservoirs
- Adjustable, CNC-milled Brabus foot pegs
- CNC-milled Brabus aluminum caps for gas tank and oil tank
- Brabus bar end mirrors
- Brabus exposed-carbon tail with single seat and short number plate bracket
- LED turn signals, with integrated tail lights and brake lights at the rear
- WP Apex semi-active suspension, choice of ‘Auto’ mode or manually adjustable
- WP Pro Components (WP Apex Pro 7117) steering damper
- Engine electronics with five selectable riding modes (Street, Sport, Rain, Performance, Track)
- Quick-action throttle
- Heated grips
- Lightweight lithium-ion battery
- Additional Brabus exposed-carbon components
- Tailor-made Brabus indoor motorcycle cover
- Exclusive Brabus floor mat for parking the bike in the garage
- Exclusive Brabus carbon key box with Brabus Masterpiece emblem
Continue exploring the article at this link : https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/ktm-ends-brabus-collaboration-final-1300-r-masterpiece-edition