There are no greater Australian stories of adventure and exploration than that of Burke & Wills from 1860. A group of intrepid explorers set off from Melbourne, Victoria in August 1860 charged with the mission of exploring “Terra Incognita” – the vast unknown land that lay north of Cooper Creek near Innamincka, South Australia. In August 2015 a motorcycle adventure ride will depart Melbourne following in their footsteps.
On 20 August 2015 the Burke & Wills Expedition adventure ride will depart Melbourne Victoria following in the footsteps of our early pioneers. The ride north to the Gulf of Carpentaria Queensland will cover some 3,600km over 10 days and is open to all makes of Adventure and Enduro motorcycles that are up to the challenge of covering this vast land.
Maschine is the company behind this grand adventure and they are well versed in staging supported group adventure rides of this scale having managed the popular BMW Safari events over the past 5 years. The organisation is world class and the support provided makes it possible for everyday riders to become explorers of the breadth of this country and uncover some extraordinary Australian stories. One of the most enjoyable aspects that has become a hallmark of Maschine events is the amazing people you will travel with and get to know during the ride.
Event organiser Nick Selleck from Maschine had this to say “There is so much to the story of Burke & Wills that the average Aussie just doesn’t know about. When you see the country that they trekked through you really gain an appreciation for just how hardy our early explorers must have been. I’m really excited to be able to offer riders the opportunity to relive this great Australian story.”
This is a fully supported ride with an all-inclusive price that covers most aspects of the trip including the following:
- A spectacular welcome function in Melbourne befitting such a grand expedition.
- Detailed route information will be supplied by GPS file and a printed route journal.
- Each night a narration will be provided that delves into the story of the original expedition and explores the rich Australian stories of the people that currently live in this country.
- Technical and tyre support will be available on route.
- Medical support will travel with our group with a bike mounted paramedic.
- Luggage will be carried on a truck each day allowing you to ride light.
- Accommodation most nights will be camping under the stars but you will also enjoy a comfy motel bed during a few nights.
- Most meals are catered for with dining in some iconic outback locations.
- Assistance with arranging bike transport to and from the event.
- A fleet of hire bikes available for riders that don’t posses the right machine to complete the trip.
- The ride is destined to finish in Karumba Queensland on the Gulf of Carpentaria with a farewell function worthy of this expedition. From there riders can make their own stories on their trip home.
Bookings are now open, so to get the full details and to subscribe to our news updates on this grand adventure head to www.maschine.com.au or call +61 3 5428 8433.
The expedition begins on 19th August 2015.
Maschine is an event management company that specializes in delivering world class motorcycle events.
- Large scale riding tours
- Small group riding tours both in Australia and internationally
- Customer product experience days
- Product launches
- Education and training
Our signature events cater to hundreds of people. We take care of all the headaches, so all you need to do is enjoy the ride!